Tuesday, May 3, 2011

First of many

           Hello friends! I am starting this blog so that I can share my love of affordable D.I.Y., home decor, and my love of making a house a home with little touches. If that is what you want to read about then I am your girl! I am a mother of a beautiful boy, with another on the way. I have recently left my job as a department store merchandiser to stay home, I look forward to reading any and all feed back.
           My formal background is in Fine Arts through Northwest College, with my concentration in drawing. I married the love of my life and having been moving all over the country for four years, as he is a Marine. I found out pretty quick that decorating my home, myself, and my child all had to be done on a dime budget.
          You will see some of my favorite ideas on this blog. I am learning to cook for the first time, so I will be writing of my deep exploration into the kitchen; as I have never been interested, but with children and a husband who can deploy at any time I better figure it out!  In order to make a house, a home does not cost a fortune; but only the desire to open up your imagination, your heart, and free up a bit of time. I hope everyone enjoys this, takes tid bits from it.
          My thesis statement for my college board applies here in my life as well: If I can grab the attention of a passerby, so they walk-up to my create, stare at it, and ponder a thought, then I am successful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment