Monday, May 30, 2011

memory box


Supplies:
-any size/shape cardboard box
-patterned paper
-rubber cement
-exacto knife
-straws
-silhouette design

I love this idea. You can use any sized box from matchbox, to playing card box, to instant drink mix boxes (such as propel, which I used here).

I cut paper to fit inside the boxes, an outside.
Use one of your favorite memories to record. Use the exacto knife to cut out the negatives for box. Use black, it creates better shadows. I cut a small piece of a straw to heighten one of the images, to create a 3-D effect. To cast a shadow.
The outside of the Box should state "My favorite memories".  The inside lid state the memory. In order to evoke a thought, a memory keep it simple. Let your imagination flourish. 
It does not have to be exactly perfect.
Use the small boxes, keep the opening simple, use the original box design

Riding bikes after school every night

Fixing the car with dad



No comments:

Post a Comment