Tuesday, May 3, 2011

scrapbooking for the home

            I know everyone loves at least the idea of scrap booking. I personally loved the look, but the tiny pieces of paper, and honestly the cost of doing it can be great. All for the outcome of someone possibly opening the pages to adore for a few moments. Never made much sense to me, but still I was attracted. So, I decided for a wedding present for my brother I would make him and his wife-to-be a special page, like a scrap book page to frame for their home.
          So, I went to my local Micheals craft store for ideas. I bought some decorative paper, looked at the stencils (decided they did not look too hard) and returned home. All I used different themed and colored paper, elmers glue, and mat board. Just so readers know, I cut my own mats, one of my passions from Art school.
          I cut long strips of paper, folded them in half, and used a pencil to curve them. I used an exacto knife to free hand stencils of him and his bride, shovel, beach ball, and pale. It is actually really easy, but if you are short on confidence, find a black and white pic, trace it, then cut it, can save you about ten-twenty bucks.
         I glued pictures of them, and the kids, and started positioning on the details. I chose to incorporate a quote from my favorite author, E.E. Cummings.  I cut the mat board, removed the glass from the frame I bought at Wal-Mart ($5) and voila! A beautiful piece of art for their home, cost me about ($10). It was a smashing success.



No comments:

Post a Comment