Wednesday, May 4, 2011

For the love of stencils

      Personally I have moved three times in four years, and trying to give my house a homey feel in an inexpensive way was difficult. I had to think outside the box. Most home decor can be costly, also indoor paint can be costly. I decided to do accent walls throughout my house with homemade stencils. I am an abstract color theory lover! My husband is a macho macho man who does not enjoy pink floral. So These are a few of the stencils I made. Put around my house and connected them with bright colors to liven up my boring military housing space. I created a flower drawing. I cut the stencil with an exacto knife and using dry erase poster board I bought at Wal-Mart as my plastic medium. It is malleable, and thin. This is the floral, I put in my dark hallway, to lighten it up.



This is my take on a fleur de lis, placed my son son's room with bright colors, our bedroom, and accent wall in living room in blue

I believe they make a statement and truly east to cover when we move, because only 5 walls in my house are painted. This is the way I did a red white and blue living room without making it cheesy. I love how this turned out.

2 comments: